bringing regulators together for the benefit of consumers and the economy
Promoting fairness for all consumers
Our aims for this theme are as follows:
- To explore how regulators can promote innovation to encourage fair consumer outcomes whilst considering cross sector implications of our policies.
- To champion success where innovative approaches are taken to delivering positive experiences for consumers, including those in vulnerable circumstances.
- To explore the use of behavioural economics to improve consumer engagement in markets.
- Working together to understand the consumer implications of Brexit.
- Engagement with UK Competition Network (UKCN) following the publication of their Consumer Remedies Lessons Learnt Report (to be published Q3 2018/19).
- Regulator membership on BEIS Consumer Forum.
- Event and report showcasing cross-sector best practice by companies to improve services for vulnerable customers, including mental health, and exploring minimum standards for improving services.
- Working with the Office for Public Guardian to improve service provision of Power of Attorney by regulated companies.